Monday, March 2, 2009

Smartboard

Unfortnately, I haven't had a lot of experience with Smartboards; however, I have seen them used in classrooms. I have used the Promethium Board before to present PowerPoint presentations. It was easy to use, all that I had to do was stick my flash drive into the computer and click on the presentation once it popped up. The Promethium Board have been used to for powerpoint presentations and to show students websites. Dr. Manning used the Promethium Board last week to teach about descriptive statistics. I enjoyed this, it was easy to follow along with her because she used the same presentation that we had the only exception was there were blanks on the handout that we had and she filled those in on the board as we went along. I have noticed Smartboards in a lot of the classroom over at Petal Upper Elementary, the sad thing about it is that I haven't seen them used a lot.
From what I have heard about them teachers like them (once they learn to use them), and they allow their students to come up and use them too. It makes teaching easier. One way that I could think of using the Smartboard in my classroom is when I use the KWL chart (one of my favorite reading strategies), it is a lot easier than drawing out an actual chart on construction paper or some other kind of paper, it is big enough for eveyone to see it. I would love to learn more about these new teaching tools. The Promethium Board would be something thatI would definetly have to have in my classroom, because the possiblities for using it are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment